As you climb up the ladder to become a Product leader , you gain an additional responsibility of nurturing & developing user insights skills for your entire team as well.
One of the easiest hack is to engage the PMs in answering customer support calls/queries themselves. Such exercise ensures that PMs develops strong empathy towards customers.
Here are some quick strategies which can help to build a user-centric culture :-
- Take the initiative of being a Product leader & start visiting customer yourself & broadcast your insights across teams.
- Ensure 1 week stint for all PMs in your team
- Initiate a customer calls/visits competition & flash the weekly/monthly winners
- Introduce Customer empathy section in the Product spec template
- Enquire about user insights in the Product review
- Schedule zoom calls /visit customers in their office/home on fortnightly basis
- Discuss “ User-insight of the Week /Month“ in your team meeting
- Invite customer support POCs to take one session for the PMs & share their learnings or pain points
Currently this is best suited for the PMs in your team , however if Design , Technology , QA team comes to party then this is extremely helpful for overall Product .
Thanks for reading! If you’ve got ideas to contribute to this conversation please comment. If you like what you read and want to see more, clap me some love! Follow here, or connect with me on LinkedIn